Tuesday, July 07, 2009

Invercargill

So much for trying to blog regularly.

So, last week, very exciting, I took my first official annual leave (other than when the office is closed and you have to take leave). Today was my official one year anniversary at the Ministry of Health as permanent staff and I was the only person in my team who hadn't taken any leave or sick days so it was well over due.


I headed down after work with Laura and Jimmy for Liz and Katrina's combined 30th, which was cool, five years ago I was at their combined 25th. It is kind of weird being around all these people who went to my high school, I think I see maybe five people from high school and even that is very rarely.


The main purpose to my holiday was to meet Sally's beautiful addition to their family, Stella Maree Hamilton. She is beautiful. We had lots of cuddles. Aunty Sarah has the magic touch, she can get the baby to go to sleep. I had a fun couple of days with Sally and the kids - Blake's 5th birthday, blue birthday porridge and a visit to kindy.

It was a baby week, I also met my cousin's bubba, Tessa Jane, who is a little giggle monster, she also does a very good blue steele.

Other highlights included improving my driving skills at McDonalds drive-thru and not dropping my change on the ground this time.

Walking through Queen's Park - one of my favourite places in Invercargill.

Catching up with my friend, Erin who I hadn't seen in a couple of years.

Movies and dinner with my Mum.

I got back to Dunedin on Saturday.

It was great to spend some time with Cate, who is over from Perth on Sunday. We had lunch at the Meridian.

I managed to power up to Tonga Park after lunch and catch the last ten minutes of the match. It was a draw, 2 all against Balclutha. Better than a loss I guess and they are finally off the bottom of the table. And, I am stoked, the girls got their team jackets on the weekend and Donna ordered an extra just for me, the super supporter. I can't wait to wear it to the game this Sunday.

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home