Sunday, May 12, 2013

One post every three years

Hello faithful readers, the last time we met her heroine she was dreaming of a date with Justin Bieber. Thankfully, she has recovered from those night terrors. So, my goals in 2010 were: 1. Move to a new place 2. Get some more hobbies 3. Take an international holiday 4. Throw a big party for my 30th birthday 5. Buy new stuff Obviously a lot has happened since then. 1) I moved to a new place and then moved out of said new place after 4 months due to the bloody freakin' nutcase-ness of the woman who lived downstairs. If you've ever wondered how difficult it is to pee when someone is sitting below your toilet banging on their ceiling with a broom, I know! I have for the past almost three years been living it up on Baker Street (insert saxophone solo/debate over whether Gerry Rafferty or Foo Fighters sing it better/Sherlock Holmes reference here) in the heart of Caversham. 4) (Who says I have to follow an order?) I did throw a big party for my 30th birthday. Here is a photo: 3) After my 30th I shouted myself a holiday to Australia - a week in Brisbane, a week in Melbourne. Last year I also took a trip to the UK/Europe. My sister and brother-in-law are living in London and my best friend moved to Edinburgh last year so I spent 6 weeks over there, starting with a 2 week tour of Italy with Oak Hall excursions, I had a week in Edinburgh with Jemma and Annette (mmm, haggis), three days in Ireland, a weekend in Paris and all days in between in London. New dream job - working at the London Dungeons. Dressing in costume every day and acting creepy = sweet! Stay tuned for more exciting adventures in the Sarah Naylor travel super special (just like when the Babysitters Club went on holiday! 2) Get some more hobbies. I did finish walking every single street in Dunedin with calves of steel and a foot that was more blister than foot by the end of the year & got in the paper for it: www.odt.co.nz/news/dunedin/142100/all-over-dunedin-one-pair-shoes I played two seasons of football for Caversham. The team sadly kind of fell apart at the end of the 2011 but I am excited to see them making a comeback in an almost all-star season (like Survivor but no one gets voted off the island) with players returning from all three seasons and they are even having a few wins. I am not playing this year. I have found a way more awesome, way more time consuming sport... roller derby! Yes, me, playing roller derby! It is rad! But, I could talk derby until I am blue in the face so that will be a completely different post. 5) Buy new stuff. At the moment I am doing the opposite. I am trying to downgrade my life as I fly off to the USA for three months in July. Anyone who has known me for a while will know that I have been planning a road trip across America for a very very very long time and that is finally happening. I am so excited! I start with 2 weeks back in the UK then to Vancouver for one night before starting a 7 night cruise around Alaska (I'm going to Alaska!). From there, I fly down to Alaska and the world is my oyster for three months. I can't wait to blog about that one. So, I am slowly packing up my life in Dunedin temporarily. If anyone, knows anyone who needs a place to live in Dunedin for three months, point them my way. Other notable mentions: Both my sisters got married to very lovely guys. I shaved a moustache into the side of head to raise money for Movember: I think that is it in a nutshell Tune in next week (or 2016)!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home